Adam Gibson is an Australian former professional basketball player who played for 16 years in the National Basketball League (NBL).
Current career snapshot:
- Assistant Coach - South East Melbourne Phoenix
- Coach - Rowville Sports Academy
- Principal Coach - Adam Gibson Coaching
Previous highlights include:
- National Basketball League (NBL) debut in 2005 followed by playing for five NBL franchises
- Two-time NBL champion (2007 - Brisbane Bullets & 2009 - South Dragons)
- Five-time All-NBL Team member (NBL Best Defensive Player in 2009)
- Long-time member of the Australian Boomers having played at the 2012 London Olympics and the 2010 & 2014 FIBA World Cups
By offering his services as a professional basketball coach, Adam Gibson continues to make a significant impact on the sport, shaping the next generation of players and inspiring them to strive for greatness.
His transition from a successful professional basketball career to coaching demonstrates his commitment to the sport and his desire to give back by nurturing the talents of upcoming players. With his extensive experience, including multiple championships and international representation, he brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to his professional coaching role.
As a former player who has competed at the highest levels, Adam understands the intricacies of the game and what it takes to succeed both individually and as a team. His passion for basketball shines through in his dedication to helping others reach their full potential and become the best versions of themselves on the court.
Whether it's honing fundamental skills, developing strategic awareness or fostering a winning mindset, Adam's coaching aims to empower athletes to excel and achieve their goals.